My Very Happy Birthday
August 26, 2008
Posted by on
WooHoo, I am now the big Three-O!! I had a great time throughout my twenties, but I am not sad to see them go. I’m just excited to see what the thirties have in store for me, I think it’s gonna be even better than ever before :)!
My birthday has been just fantastic so far! Of course, I had a great time earlier this month visiting family in CT and enjoying Cape Cod with Chris – and yes, I still have plenty more vacation photos to share :). And I have also gotten plenty of lovely gifts including lots of great scrapbooking ones (click here to read more plus see my “Big Three-O” page). But the best gifts by far have been the hand-made card from Gabe and the THIRTY sweet emails Chris sent to me (from work) today, each one with a new message about why he loves me. Here is the whole list (you can see why I am so madly in love with this man and I have been teary-eyed all day – he gives me waaaay too much credit)!
In honor of your 30th birthday, here are 30 reasons I feel blessed to
have you as my wife:
1) You love God with all of your heart, mind and strength.
2) You respect me.
3) You speak my love language perfectly.
4) You speak my love language often.
5) You love Gabe.
6) You make me laugh.
7) You make Gabe laugh (hysterically).
8) You are open with me about what’s on your mind.
9) You have an amazing creative mind.
10) You are blessed with a beauty that I love.
11) You are the only one I would ever want in the passenger seat on a road
12) You bend over backward to be a helper suitable for me.
13) You live a life of example for Gabe.
14) You have put up with me for more than half your life (15 years, 2
months out of 30 years).
15) You are ready to spend the rest of your life growing old with me.
16) You cook creative and tasty meals.
17) You perfectly fit with me for cuddling up on the couch and watching
18) You’d rather stay home with me than hang out with friends.
19) You can always lift my spirits when I’m down.
20) You are always ready to be silly for me or Gabe.
21) You will follow me anywhere (even all the way to Alabama).
22) You encourage me to live a life that is God-fearing and
23) You push me to excel at work, praise me when I do and cheer me up
when I don’t.
24) You follow through on commitments.
25) You always pursue your goals, overcoming challenges along the way.
26) You are able to discern scriptures effortlessly, evidence of the
indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in you.
27) You make sacrifices daily for me and Gabe.
28) You let me lead you.
29) You give me Biblically based advice and pray through decisions with
30) You are generous and compassionate.